Race Entry Fees
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Race Entry Fees
ade

about fans being King...few fans,riders get little coverage on TV and other media and struggle to obtain sponsorship.whereas racers who compete at events like BSB,NW200 and TT which attract larger media and public interest have a better chance of obtaining sponsorship. clownish thoughts maybe but to some commonsense.
another thought ade,at road races in Ireland isn't it the "man on the street" who through taxes builds and maintains the roads,even you would agree or maybe not.

Ade,relax more and keep that temper of yours in check.
11-10-2002, 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

11-10-2002, 09:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How ANYONE can afford to race in club events continues to be a mystery to me; the prize money is either non-existent or laughable,but the cost of getting there and running a bike or outfit are not funny.

Circuit owners need to be commercial , and insurance companies- but it rankles like hell to have to pay dearly to entertain the public .

I guess there is no easy answer to the "who pays wins" arguments, but true Road Racing is the nearest thing to the ideal as far as I can see; the Government keeps up the circuit as a public road throughout the year, and we get to race on it maybe twice, for a small consideration.

SO many great people give up their time to help for free at race meetings everywhere, that value is often omitted from the reckoning.

Maybe it is time to see motorcycle road & circuit racing as a charity, and try to run it as best we can into the distant distant future , with no illusions of monetary grandeur?
11-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool email address, Sid. Schauzu was the King!
11-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

My sentiments entirely, shut the roads get the bikes out and race preferably production based to keep costs down, racing is getting too expensive.
12-10-2002, 11:07 AM