Ross Campbell *PIC*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Ross Campbell
It is now 50 years since I first became involved with motor cycle sport and during that time I have had to accept tradegy in the sport as well as immense pleasure. I have lost many friends and heroes including Bob McIntyre, Jock Taylor, Stan Auld,Ian Moir,Colin Keith, Robert Mitchell, Jack Gow, Roy Anderson, George Paterson and everyone's death is hard to accept.
With young Ross Campbell it is even harder to accept because of his age and because of the entire Campbell family and what they have all given our sport, Jackie, Alex, Crichton and Ian and I wonder just why this must happen to such a sincere, dedicated and honest family.
I can say for certain there is not a race fan or motor cycle competitor in Scotland and beyond who are not thinking of the family at this sad time and send deepest sympathy.

25-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd just like to say I fully agree with Robbie Allan's sentiments which virtually sums up how I feel about this as well.
I'd also like to send my condolences to Stella & all her family at this sad time.
25-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didnt know Ross.
I didnt even see him race.
But, what I DO know is that he must have been
quite a guy.
The outpouring in here shows that.
Quite a memorial.

RIP

Mike
25-03-2003, 12:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been a close friend of Ian Campbell and a neighbour to the Campbell family for many years. I travelled all over the UK with them when Ian started his racing career and Ross was always there. Since speaking to Ian at the weekend I have felt so numb. I can't stop thinking about all the family, especially Alex, Stella and the boys. My heart goes out to you all. Ross was one of the good guys, he always had time to chat to you regardless of what was happening. His family should be very proud of him. I will always remember him.
My thoughts are with you all.

Kenny B

27-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our thoughts are with Alex and Stella and the boys at this time, and also with the rest of the family. Kindest regards, always. Lianda and Ian Barnes.
28-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We've just heard the tragic news about Ross and are absolutely heartbroken for Stella, Alex & family. Having come so close to losing our own daughter last summer we cant bare to imagine the complete devastation and pain they must be going through right now. Our most sincere condolences, love and very deepest sympathy are sent to Stella, Alex & family. I promise we are thinking of you very, very much at this time, and will continue to do so in the future.
05-04-2003, 02:11 AM