Did the steampacket hire the extra ship?
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Did the steampacket hire the extra ship?
Yes of course there is plenty of scope to lower peak time prices Taxman , but as I said earlier it would be at the detriment to what Islanders have to pay in freight charges and what they have to pay the rest of the year , I can't imagine for one moment Islanders would want that just to save us TT / MGP visitors a few bob , when talking about the S P we have to look at the overall picture , the service the Island needs to survive freight to meet basic needs throughout the year has to come first , and unless the Island were to buy the SP out and run it themselves as a non profit making Island service you have to allow them to make a profit , and if that profit margin is not healthy enough or secure enough you have big problems , people go on about having competition for the SP have a look at the trade they have for the rest of the year outside TT / MGP you wonder how they keep going , on the crossings I have done out of TT period the boats were way way less than half full that is not conducive to having a situation of competition , with two companies running boats quarter full neither one making money , just plain unsustainable and to no ones benefit we have to be realistic in our wishes

22-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did the steampacket hire the extra ship? - by Steady the Edward - 22-06-2015, 06:09 PM