I of M newbie
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
RE: I of M newbie
Don't discount the idea of marshalling. No experience required, just a quick online course and you will be well looked after. If interested pop in to the Marshals place in the paddock and have a chat.
30-03-2024, 01:11 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
(25-03-2024, 03:04 AM)Fescue Wrote: Thanks, taxman.  And I like the suggestion for the off-the-beaten path places to visit. More my thing. And because I do want to be mobile, is the Go Card the way to get around? Can they be purchased upon arrival there or better to order now and have it shipped this way?

Soz, I forgot to come back and see what was happening. Apologies.

The local public transport system is operated by the Government apart from taxis.
Go card info is all here https://www.iombusandrail.im/1701
15-04-2024, 05:03 PM
Find Reply
Fescue Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
About 37 days to go......So, I've traveled to South Africa two years ago and used both debit and credit card with ease, and really with minimal fees. And if I needed any Rands (So. African currency) ATM worked just fine, too. I assume things will be similar for I of M and acquiring British Pounds? Again, any advice on this and any other topic, send my way.....
Icon_cool
24-04-2024, 01:38 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 401
I've never had a problem withdrawing cash for the ATM, I used to take cash, wrapped up & hidden, just in case. These days I carry minimal cash & use the card virtually all the time. 
Then again I only live about a mile from Douglas (not counting a boat journey! Icon_cool   😆)
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2024, 02:29 PM by captainsparkledotcom.)
24-04-2024, 02:28 PM
Website Find Reply