Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Museum Closure
Don't hold you breath Pykey
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gasp...whew...glad you said that...I was holding my breath, but I emailed after Pykey, so I'l be all right!
01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well it is closing. How can the Manx government let this happern? They are loaded they should take it over at any cost. There is a lot of history in the museum. When its gone its gone. If it is sold what about all the stuff that was donated. Very sad indeed
01-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems as though the subject has already been discussed at government level:
<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1202463">http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=1202463</A>
01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rich i am concerned as to what is going to happen to thousands of pounds worth of history which cant be replaced? it might help if we all bombard the Manx goverment as to how we feel.
02-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

02-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The manx government are very thick skinned. It would take a lot to shift them. I have written to David Cretney telling him my feelings. It is very sad that many items will be sold around the world. I was in the museum last weekend and Peter Murray was saying he was going to put the stuff on e-bay. I dont agree because alot of it was donated.

Rich
02-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

02-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A good letter and its exactly what a lot of TT think,i hope you get a straight answer?
02-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Straight answer Pykey?? just ask how many people work for the tourist board( over 100 I have heard) what tourists??
The finance sector dont want the TT because they cannot get home after a hard day at the office.
And they are running the IOM, sad but true.
The TT museam the so called tourist board were talking about building at summerland will never happen as dandara are building yuppie flats there, Mr Cretney spent loads of tax payers money in buying an ex Mike Hailwood RG 500 and I mean a lot of money, wonder what will happen to that??
Sad to say theTT is finished.
02-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This closure was obviously planned months ago as some of the merchandise has allready been sold including the remains of my old 250 Guzzi and much of it is being advertised on Steve Griffiths website at Racing and Investment Motorcycles. Go to <A HREF="http://www.racing-motorcycles.co.uk">www.racing-motorcycles.co.uk</A> and you can view some of the contents with prices,which are a bit over the top I think although I have no knowledge of prices
04-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've posted some of my snaps of this years visit to the Manx (and to Murray's) on my photo album on Triumphrat site:

<A HREF="http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album728&op=modload&name=Photo_Album&file=index&include=view_album.php">http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album728&op=modload&name=Photo_Album&file=index&include=view_album.php</A>

04-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi David Cretneys e-mail address is:-

<A HREF="mailtoBig Grinavid.Cretney@dtl.gov.im">David.Cretney@dtl.gov.im</A>
11-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for that Arthur. Very sad. It must have taken a while to organise, take all the photos etc and put on line. I think you are right about the sale being planned for a long time. I think all the stuff will sell around the world even at the prices stated.
11-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Museum Closure Reply from David Cretney
11-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

12-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Museum Closure Reply from David Cretney
I also got the same reply regarding the museum and have replied with strong comments but alas i fear its all in vain?
12-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also am very sad to see the museum closing. Many of the bike are unique and being sold all over the world means most will never be seen again. Lets just say Mr Cretney has never ranked highly in my list of favourite people, especially after the debarcle of changing the race classes to a glorified production machine race (a tt with only 8 types of machine - a 600 and 1000 each from H,K, Y and S is getting to be a joke - the only relief was the Voxans and they were lucky to be allowed to race!). Surely something could be done, the Manx government make enough money that buying EVERYTHING and employing Peter would be a drop in the ocean - perhaps with the high fees the Steam Packet Co charge they could contribute!
12-10-2005, 01:59 PM