No TT Entry fees
truthandhonesty
Unregistered

I saw no attack on Paul in Toms posting just an impassioned plea for something to be done to remove a licence that is imposed upon competitors in breach of the ACU's own rules and in breach of FIM rules
02-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
03-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

03-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
TT Licence
Not taking sides in this mattter but Paul Philips is doing the Job he is being payed to do and a sterling job at that. But it is true this Licence thing is not going to go away. I agree with a lot Tom has said in regard to the legal issues laid out in the ACU,s own Sporting Code and the FIM sporting code the Licence as seen in these two Rule books is infact illegal.
I could go into this a lot deeper myself but fear i might not get issued a licence or even a lot worse have my entry turned down for the TT 06 which is the last thing i want. If i could afford to take a legal action on this matter myself i would but alas all my finances are tied up in Racing the TT Races each year and am in considerable debt because of it, but thats my choice we have not been told anything the word Mushroom sticks in my mind. I have put in my entrys for TT 06 today and am struggling to get entrys accross in early march so as to qualify for this so called TT course licence. Well i dont know what else i can say but roll on TT 06 and thank you to all those who support the riders......... Sad
03-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

Absolutely right Ago, and isn't this the crux of it?
Of course Paul is not hearing from many TT riders simply because they don't want to jeopardise their entry.
Unfortunately it is only people who are not riders that can say what needs to be said.
Personalities aside, it is not equivocation we need but plain speaking.
The TT Course Licence is an ill-conceived attempt to appease the insurance industry which has fallen flat on its face and we desperately need people with some standing to have the fortitude to say just this.
Where are the true believers when we need you so desperately?
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
03-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Don Simons Wrote:Of course Paul is not hearing from many TT riders simply because they don't want to jeopardise their entry.

How is contacting me going to jeopardise anyone's entry? You really haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Those that have contacted me about entry into the TT both last year and this have had nothing but total support from me, and I have been clear on everything that they need to do to make it possible for them to ride here.

Paul
03-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Irish Ago.
I agree 100% with what you say, in respect of Paul Phillips to say his job description is misleading is at best a gross understatement, riders representative/liason officers of the past were not employed to recruit new talent or promote the TT.

Fred Hanks for instance, held this post with two others for many years, their job was to look after the interests of all entrants, (union representatives of sorts) They were their to sort out and deal with any difficulties, problems and disputes that riders may have had and to ensure that all were treated equally and fairly as possible, and they did a grand job off it.

Without question vast improvements have, and are being made in respect of safety Charlie and his airbags, better training for Marshalls etc, no entry fees and and a fair system of wacking out the plunder with money down to 20th place are welcomed by all. I have no doubt Paul Phillips, David Cretney and others have worked hard and dilligently to achieve the great things all credit to them.

However as you state the matter of this ACU TT Course Licence is a grave and serious issue, I am completely enraged by your comments in respect of your fears that you may not get a licence or never race in the island again if you are to vocal in your objections in respect of the ACU Licence.

The following comes to mind
They came for the Jews. I said nothing. I was not a Jew
They came for the Communists. I said nothing. I was not a Communist
They came for the Trade Unionists. I said nothing. I was not a Trade Unionist.
They came for the Gypsies. I said nothing. I was not a Gypsy.
Then they came for me. There and there was no one left to speak for me

That is the whole point of Don Simons and my own postings.

Let us make a few facts quite clear. Paul Phillips states he has heard little criticism other than from myself and Don. I believe him, because I know why.

There are a large number of us from the four corners of the Globe, all with a serious dedication to continuance of the TT and MGP who are prepared to fight any injustice imposed on those who make it happen, the riders. You and other would be quite surprised how many and at the identities and status of some of them.

You are not alone in your fearsm mine and others mailboxes have been swamped with support for our stand over this licence mostly from entrants who openly admit they are also fearfull, they will not get a licence or an entry accepted.

To quote just one of hundreds requesting that I did not reveal their identity, the reason being. "I dare not risk being identified because I am fearful that if the MMCC or the ACU were to read my comments I would never get a licence or and entry again and my ride which I live for would be lost for ever.

That to me stinks of a Pol Pot/ Robert Mugabe type regime that needs destroying totally and forever.

There are many like yourself who have posted on this forum, when one considers that on this, the ACUs and other forums there have been over 25,000 hits, as Don has said never in the history of the internet has one motor cycle subject created so much venom against an evil stunt. Just how many of those hits were bu unregisered users/ riders who were to fearfull to voice the anger?

Both Don and I love the TT, I personally have made and lost my some of greatest and closest friends both riders and officials and supporters in racing there.

EVIL PROSPERS WHEN GOOD MEN SAY NOTHING.

The fight goes on We have not gone away you know.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
03-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Paul Phillips Wrote:
Don Simons Wrote:Of course Paul is not hearing from many TT riders simply because they don't want to jeopardise their entry.

How is contacting me going to jeopardise anyone's entry? You really haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Those that have contacted me about entry into the TT both last year and this have had nothing but total support from me, and I have been clear on everything that they need to do to make it possible for them to ride here.

Paul
You have misunderstood Don here, there are many who are seriously terrified of making their objections to anyone connected to any of the official bodies connected to the TT or MGP. I do not for one minute think that they are casting any descredit on you personally and make no such implication.

I myself can fully understand, from content of the endless stuff landing in my mailbox why you have received little or no contact, these riders who are incensed by this devious action by the ACU appear to be only confident to contact those of us who have openly and publicly opposed the imposition of this licence in direct contravention of the both the ACUs and FIM Regulations. It may be difficult to understand the depth of many entrants fears of losing their rides.
03-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Paul this may help to give you an insight into the difficulties.

Since my posting at 12.38pm giving my opinion on why you have not been contacted I have received further emails.

One is rather lengthy and does give an opinion as to why this rider would not feel comfortable contacting you to complain about the ACU Licence.

Be in absolutely no doubt I hold no brief on the following comment allegedly made by yourself and had no idea you had made this comment, if true, at least it will give you some insight into the fears of some and the fair opportunity to contradict it if it is wrong.

(Paul has stated clearly where he stands on the TT Course Licence issue by saying. "I am supportive in principle but against the implementation")
03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I think there is confusion here between Paul's role, which he has clarified above, and that of a rider's representative, who would be accountable directly to them, and not, as Paul is, to the DTL.
Have we lost this necessary post? If not, who is/are rider's rep?
I have to add, Paul, that I too have had many emails from riderswho feel they would be discriminated against by the ACU if they complained ..about anything.
That is not your fault, and you should not get yourself in the mire by appearing to defend them.
Now I'm off to sort out the Arab/Israeli conflict...it looks less scary..
03-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Yeah I know the feeling, I have one with Gerry Adams and Dr Ian Paisley this afternoon, much easier going and great tea, sandwitches and tray bakes.
03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Helen you have hit the nail on the head. At one time any rider, no matter who that failed to present himself and his machine for pre race scrutineering and signing on at precisely their specified time was automatically refused a start.

Fred Hanks and Albert Moule I remember on one occasion argued strongly enough with ACU officials to get one bloke through a couple of hours late because of a justifiable delay rebuilding a motor.

That was my understanding of the responsibilities of Riders Liason Officer, to support and put riders justifiable arguments to the powers that be.

It certainly appears we no longer have one, certainly it would appear this is not included in Paul Phillips remit, much to the confusion of his very misleading job description.

What about Nick Jefferies or Barry Wood if he does not have to many commitments racing, they know the problems riders experience, been there got the T shirts etc.
03-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Find Reply
TT TECH Offline

Threads: 5

Clubmen Suport Themselves
03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Find Reply
tripod Offline

Threads: 0

Stop the name calling and start discussing, this topic is Free Entries so
I would like to thank the IOM Government for giving everyone FREE ENTRIES this year and I would also like to thank them for TAKING AWAY the start money. I think I may have lost out here :cry: :cry:
03-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

TT Tech - you raise some really interesting points, and some quite valid ones, but let me educate you on the current situation, because I can assure you it has changed.

* At TT 2006 if you don't qualify, you don't race.
* All solo classes will be over subscribed.
* I can't see anyone not managing to lap at over 110mph during the fortnight.
* The first 40 riders starting in the first race of the week will lap at over 120mph in that race if conditions are good.

With regards to the qualifying times - yes they have gone up, but of course they should. The standard of rider for the TT is going to be very high, and I am 100% sure that nobody will be given an entry this year who won't be able to qualify. That is our job to make sure of this. I can assure you that there will be no half a show as you say either. We will have full grids of quality riders and the overall standard will be the highest at the TT ever.

As for riders being scared of saying anything because they might not get a start, if that is the case please contact me direct at paulphillips@manx.net. I have offered my contact details on a great many issues in the past, and if you haven't seen them I apologise. I now await with baited breat to hear from the masses of TT riders who have been contacting Tom looking for advice on getting an entry into the TT.

Seriously though - I am here to help anyone wishing to take part in the TT with any problems, so please do contact me.

Thanks

Paul
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Free Entry,s
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Paul

Might be a good Idea if you put your last paragraph and email address up on the ACU on TT Course Licence forum. there are a lot more disgruntled and worried screamers on that forum than this one
03-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
post subject
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

As usual, precisely and succinctly put, and dead right.
See you next Thursday night, Barry.
03-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Tom Loughridge Offline

03-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Find Reply