Daily Mail TT information?
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

John Foster Wrote:Do you think he might be avoiding answering your question, Peter? ..........or are you getting the picture? :mrgreen:
A very effective way of getting the message across, and keeping the humour factor going, too!
I admit to being a bit sensitive to posts on forums, as it is perfectly possible for an 80-year-old granny to pose as a busty blonde of 23 - or vice-versa! If someone tells me something, I want to know why I should respect their opinion. A Spanish forum that I subscribe to had a woman (?) planking on about education, quoting her years as a teacher. Every posting had appalling grammar, dyslexic spelling, and frequent use of the wrong word - "there" for "their", "should of" for "should have" and so on. From a plumber (for example - no insult intended chaps!) it would have been fair enough, but if that person ever taught, I feel really sorry for the harm she/he/it must have done to the students. As lord-high-idiot Blair said " Education, Edyoukation, Edyoukayshunn" - a downward spiral into ignorance.....
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
16-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Hey don't forget me FC
My best ever 600 finish
My fastest 600 lap
And nearest I ever got to rep on 600

[Image: 10.jpg]
16-05-2007, 11:26 AM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

Hi Cargo,

And here was me thinking the closest you ever got to a rep was when the bloke walked past you holding one. Lol Lol :wink:

You know I couldn't resist.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
16-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Oh and I forgot about Pete Beale at his first TT, did he 'pee' the scrutineers off when he turned up on this.

[Image: boob.jpg]
16-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom Loughridge Wrote:YEP IT WAS. IT'S MY*******EYES. .

Oh, you mean THAT one. Mmmmmmm. Bit too close to the truth, probably Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol

Whether any of the article is true or not matters little, the Daily Mail reading public will perceive it as being true, and, although admin can delete posts on here, what they cant do is delete the damage that that article may have done to the TT/IOM, and, for such a newspaper to produce such an article surely means that someone of authority must have contacted this newspaper in the first place :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh, and, as you come out of Union Mills, up the Ballahutchin Hill (I believe its called) round the slight right hander, past Glen Lough Dairy farm/campsite, isnt the next right hander where the traffic lights are, Ballagarey (where they were doing 120mph) and isnt that in a 30mph limit?( or did the Fairies move Ballagarey overnight?) So they were "only" 4 times over the speed limit then, on open roads. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
16-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48

Hey FC, thanks for all the smokes supplied over the years- see you soon
16-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

ammo Wrote:So they were "only" 4 times over the speed limit then, on open roads
No chance of a prosecution there - what judge, jury or magistrate would ever believe something a journalist said!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
16-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

And the end of the day boys and gals lets hope that all those that attend the races this year have a great safe couple of weeks racing and spectating and that goes for the press too. I think PP and his team have worked hard to bring the tallent they have to this years TT. lets hope they get the rewards for it.

And heres one for you Shaun remember it Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v8EnIYbaqM
17-05-2007, 07:30 AM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

YOUR RIGHT COLIN, LETS HOPE EVERYONE WHO SETS FOOT ON THE ISLAND IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS IS 'SAFE HOME'.

ON TUESDAY I CARRIED WREATHS FROM THE BACK OF A HEARSE TO THE GRAVE IN THE CHURCHYARD IN OUR LANE, ONE JUST HAD 'DADDY' IN FLOWEWRS ON IT AND THE NAMES OF THREE YOUNG CHILDREN ON THE CARD, THE ORPHANS OF THE COUPLE WHO SO TRAGICALLY DIED IN ONE OF THE MOTOR CYCLE ACCIDENTS AFTER THE NORTHWEST.

LETS JUST HOPE EVERYONE IS SENSIBLE AND THINKS OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF BRAVADO AND RECKLESNESS.

NOT A BAD LAP BY SHAUN CONSIDERING HOW THE MOTOR SOUNDED A BIT ROUGH AND RAGGED ON PICK UP A FEW TIMES???
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
17-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Find Reply